FAITH-INDIA is currently undertaking innovative projects in Ernakulum and Palakkad districts of Kerala.
FAITH-INDIA SKILL TRAINING AND REHABILITATION CENTER FOR DIFFERENTLY ABLED @ ERNAKULUM
FAITH-INDIA at Ernakulum conducting vocational skill training programs for the differently abled. Currently 55 physically and mentally challenged adults are getting training in this unit.
Providing assistance for placement and self-employment
12 well qualified and dedicated teachers and staffs contributing their valuable service to the needy.
- Computer training – DCA ,DTP, Data Entry
- Cutting, tailoring, embroidery, fabric painting and bouquet making, knitting etc…
- Doormat making, chair caning, phenol making, candle making, cover making, led bulb assembling etc...
- Communication skills
- Behavioral skills
- Personality development
- Daily living skills
- Domestic and home management
FAITH-INDIA SPECIAL SCHOOL FOR THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED @ PALAKKAD
Special school for the mentally challenged started in the year 1994 with 20 students at Pallikkurup, a remote village in Palakkad district. Now shifted to Viyyakurissi, Palakkad district.At present we have 225 children with special needs. The school is providing residential facilities. 105 students are inmates of the school, remaining are the day scholars. A fleet of well qualified and dedicated teachers and staffs are the soul and heart of the institution.
Activities of the school
- Identification and assessment
- Individualized education program
- Training in activities of daily living skills
- Home visits and parental training
- Skill based assessment
- Educational assessment
- Behavioral management program
- Home management program
- Implementing new curriculum developed by SCERT ,Kerala
- Vocational assessment
FAITH –INDIA Adult vocational training center
70 young adult children with intellectual disabilities are getting training in this unit with an aim to help them go back to society and earn a livelihood. Here students are learning vocational skill and earning together.
FAITH-INDIA Institute of Special Education at Palakkad District
DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION SPECIAL EDUCATION (MENTAL RETARDATION) (D ED SE (MR)
Since 1999 onwards, FAITH-INDIA conducting diploma course in the area of mental retardation. Course is recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India, Ministry of Social Justice&Empowerment, Government of India, New Delhi. As per the guidelines of RCI well qualified and experienced faculties and student friendly campus are our specialty .The classrooms and pedagogical methods are equipped with advanced technologies. The course is self-financed.
NATURE OF THE PROJECT
Man Power Development/ Human Resource Development program
- Training of Trainees/ Special Educators in special education and rehabilitation of persons with intellectual disability.
- To serve as a resource center for person with intellectual disability.
- To develop appropriate teaching and learning materials to do the documentation and for users in the field of service for the MR.
- To promote inclusive education for the disabled children in the normal schools.
Eligibility: essential qualification for the course is plus two or equivalent or at any stream with 50% marks and by All India Online Aptitude Test (AIOAT by RCI)
5% mark relaxation for SC/ ST candidates
Duration: 2 year with 4 semesters
Examination and Certification: The examination both theory and practical are conducted by NIEPMD- NBER, CHENNAI and awarded the certificates to the candidates.